Thursday, August 16, 2007

It Was Bound to Happen

Today's Weigh-In: 256 lbs.
Five-Day Average: 255.4
Weight Loss So Far: 22.6 lbs.
Still To Go: 56.4 lbs.

Well, I gave into a craving tonight - I went to McDonald's (which I actually haven't done in almost a year, since I stopped eating meat) and I got myself a large French fries and a small drink (which I filled twice with Coke). For some reason I just really wanted fries today, and I've been eating super well all week, so I don't think it really killed me. Afterwards I ended up walking about 2-3 miles or so. I can't beat myself up when these things happen, as they are bound to do from time to time, I just have to make sure to really limit them to once a week at most, and then try to counter it with exercise. I'm not a robot, and I want to enjoy life, but I really want to get fit and that needs to be my main priority. In the past when I've done something like this, I've gone WAY overboard in the same day, figuring, like, "Oh I had this bad food, I might as well go all out and call it a 'cheat day' and have some pizza and candy and cookies too." But no more - I had my little treat, and now it's back to healthy stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing.
Feed the crave and move on.
Depriving yourself is not going to last a lifetime. Limiting yourself is a better way to go.

Rebecca said...

I agree with Sharon - deprivation will surely lead down the path of binge eating, which is disastrous. You have the right idea - move on!

Kristen said...

Have you been getting in enough sodium?

I agree with Sharon too. Feed it and move on.

mick said...

hmm that's interesting you say that, kristen, because i've really been trying to cut down on my sodium intake. i don't think i've so drastically lowered it that my body is craving that, however. i think the fries thing was more of a taste buds/mental craving ... who knows. i feel good though that i allowed myself to have that "treat" and then moved on without doing any further damage. it makes me feel much less guilty about it and more like a "normal" human being who can have the occasional bad food and not sweat it.