Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Not Bad

Today's Weigh-In: 255.5 lbs.
Five-Day Average: 256.4
Weight Loss So Far: 21.6 lbs.
Still To Go: 57.4 lbs.

I've leveled out a bit, 255.5 for the second day in a row and up a little from a weigh-in over the weekend. Still, I'm down around 5 pounds from last week, which is a lot, and not something I can (or should) keep up, but I'll take it. I have been eating normally and getting a good amount of exercise, so, I'm not doing anything drastic. I suspect that I'll get into the 1-2 lb. weight loss per week thing after too long, this is probably that first-week "shock to the system" thing. Also, one thing that works in my favor is that I used to lift weights a lot and I have a pretty sturdy foundation of muscle under my flab, so i think that when I get into a normal calorie-intake zone, I tend to burn a lot of weight off - maybe that's why in the past when I have been more disciplined with diet and getting a decent amount of cardio exercise in every day I have dropped weight fast. Still, I don't want to lose muscle mass along with weight as I go forward here, so I'm going to try to incorporate at least some resistance training to my regimen, even if it's just pushups and squats or something (and at 256.4 pounds, pushing myself up 30-40 times is a pretty decent workout). I would join a gym, but I am moving soon and don't want to commit to a specific place until I am settled into my new town.

2 comments:

Ripx180 said...

5 lbs in a week is Crazy!!! wish i could see those numbers on occasion (congrats). If you lost 15 pounds before that I would say you are out of the honeymoon phase of weight loss where it falls off fast.

I wish I naturally carried more muscle but I don't. I really have to work hard to put any on. I have a friend who has a build similar to yours and he can bulk up really easy (muscle wise).

Good plan on the gym. I am trying to get my home gym better as I hate wasting time driving to and from the gym.

mick said...

Thanks! And I know what you mean, I would like to have a decent home gym too. But then again, the ritual and routine of going to the gym is sometimes good for me, and I get a better workout.