Sunday, August 19, 2007

Rainy Sunday

Today's Weigh-In: 255 lbs.
Five-Day Average: 255.7
Weight Loss So Far: 22.3 lbs.
Still To Go: 56.7 lbs.

Well, I had hoped to go for another long walk today (I walked for a couple hours yesterday, so probably 6-7 miles), but it's pouring rain out and I just don't feel like braving the elements. But I'm feeling good, eating really really well, and I think that in just a couple of weeks I should be out of the 250's.

So far, since the end of March, I've dropped a little over 22 pounds. I've noticed the weight loss, especially as far as the way my clothes fit me, but in the mirror I don't see a whole lot of difference, and so far no one has commented to me that I look like I have lost some weight. Maybe people are just hesitant to say something like that, because it implies that I am/was fat(ter). Who knows. I think that another 10 pounds or so of weight loss and it will be pretty obvious that I've dropped some - it will be a 30+ pound weight loss from my high of 278 at the end of March.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I've heard that others don't typically notice until 10% has been lost. However, nobody really said anything to me until I had lost about 40 lbs...right after I finally bought new clothes. I think others here have had similar experiences. Nobody seemed to notice until they started wearing smaller clothes. It also depends on how often you see people too of course.

Rebecca said...

Yeah, the mirror and other people can be kind of tricky. That's why objective stuff helps - pics, measurements, etc. After a while, people will be telling you how much weight you've lost and you'll be sick of it! :)

Rebecca said...

Congrats by the way, on your 22 lbs!