Sunday, August 12, 2007

Whoa Nelly

Today's Weigh-In: 254 lbs.
Five-Day Average: 258.4
Weight Loss So Far: 19.6 lbs.
Still To Go: 59.4 lbs.

This is pretty scary -- the scale says 254 lbs. today. Last Sunday I weighed in at 262 lbs. So that would seem like an 8-pound drop. However, it's possible that with that daily 2-4 lb. fluctuation thing I was on the "top end" of the 258-262 range last week, and at the "bottom end" of the 254-258 range today, and tomorrow I could very well weigh in at 257-258. Still, it's nice to see the smaller numbers, even if it is probably water weight or whatever. I'm eating normally, exercising normally, etc. Perhaps it's not good to weigh and track myself daily, and not get caught up in the small fluctuations, and just weigh myself weekly. I dunno. I like the daily ritual, however, as far as for discipline and just mentally keeping me on track.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people say not to weigh in daily but I find it either confirms I'm doing ok...or not.

Either way, it keeps me conscious of what I'm eating and how I'm moving each day.

Rebecca said...

Wow, I'm surprised more people haven't chimed in on this topic. I am definitely a believer of daily weigh-ins, pretty much no matter what. Did I say this before... I have read that daily weigh-ins help people who have lost significant weight keep it off? If I did, ignore the above. Anyway, weighing & recording daily help you track your body's trends, know what affects you & how, and it can help deter you from eating poorly - knowing that you will have to face the scale!

Brian said...

I'm one of those people that don't like to do daily weigh-ins. Why? because it dont like watching a pot boil. Just like when I'm riding the bike in the gym i set the time to 30 minutes then cover it up. It goes a lot easier when you're not watching every second pass by. The same goes for me with watching the weight numbers.
2-3 times a week works well for me.